Another Brilliant piece from Bollywood added in the list . The movie was starred by Shahid Kapoor and Pankaj Kapur . Although the movie couldn’t do well at the box office because of being a remake , yet it was able to hit the core of the audience . Once again it instilled the hearts of all the cricket lovers with passion . It threw light on the dark side of players life post cricket career . I am pointing out some of the reasons why I loved the film .
- Shahid is a brilliantly talented actor . He is aggressive and completely do justice with the roles provided . He makes his audience feel the character .
- Sports are seen mostly as an agent of entertainment . The movie revealed the back stage things . Players goes through a lot of struggle and hard work to attain a name in the industry . Once they shivers to hold the bat or ball they are left to spend rest of their lives in darkness . See how a Ranji player was struggling to get his son with a jersey worth rs 500 . Society accepts you untill you are successful .
- Bond between a father and a son . His father would do anything to bring a smile on his face . And how that 7 years old son understand the hardships of his father but never lost his confidence on his father . Arjun was motivated by the words of his son . “ Khelo na papa , dil khol ke khelo. ”
- Trust of a coach on his student . His talent was always appreciated by his coach . He kept his moral high even when none was believing in him .
- Passion for cricket . Arjun was a cricketer . Cricket was his life . He was compelled to leave it due to his health conditions . But even after ten years he couldn’t accept this . He wanted that trust of his followers back . He wanted to be the hero infront of his son . He wanted his dignity back . He risked and died and knew that .
The movie kept me involved all the time . There was not a single moment where I felt that I was out of it . His passion on the field and in the real life was amazing . He did what he desired . He proved himself . The last scene was very emotional and heart touching . Then his son ketan after so many years finally got the real team india Jersey . I am still not out of it .